1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just went in the ladies' room!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I've had men tell me that some bathrooms have "troughs." UGH -- that thought is disgusting.

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Fenway Park and Beaver Stadium bathrooms are two examples of troughs, and the Fenway ones date back to 1934, probably.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The men's room in a college football press box I frequent is very small. And since 95 percent of the people in the PB during a game are male, the line during timeouts, at halftime, etc., can be quite long.

Several years ago I was waiting in line with a former Heisman Trophy winner. He, having far more status that the guy from the fishrag, asked a security person if the women's room was empty, and, if so, if he and I could use it.

The guard said WTF, knocked on the women's room door, found it was empty, and stood guard outside while a Heisman winner and I merrily peed in adjoining stalls, washed our hands, shared a laugh, and then went on about our business.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Tiger Stadium had troughs. And it was all the (disappointed) talk that the new Comerica Park would not have them.

If I can remember correctly, Joe Louis Arena also has troughs.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago I was on a blind date, and we went to a restaurant I'd never been to. I had to pee, and I went through the lobby toward the restroom area. Signs above the arched entrance to the restroom area pointed left for LADIES, right for GENTLEMEN. I turned right and pushed the door open.

No urinals. Just stalls. Whatever, I thought. I peed, turned around and started washing my hands. A woman came out of the far stall and stared at me. I didn't even look over. I just finished washing and left as quickly as possible. It didn't really hit me completely what had happened until I was back at my table. I told my date, and she laughed.

A few minutes later, a waitress came over and said the woman had complained. I said, "I don't know how that could have happened. I turned right where the sign that said GENTLEMEN pointed to the right."

She said, "Oh, that's wrong. The signs on the doors are right, but not the signs above the archway."

WTF? I told her someone from the restaurant, and not I, should apologize to the woman. Who thinks to look for a second sign after seeing the first one? Me -- from now on, of course.

Freaking bizarre, but still funny years later.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wrigley still has troughs in both of its men's rooms.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Add old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium to the trough roster.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Johnny, the more important question is, how'd that relationship work out?

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

In my first shop, the mens room was for smoking and the ladies was for everything else. It was just a onesie, so no chance of walking in on someone if they locked the door.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, it was doomed to fail because it was a long-distance thing. However, I did get lucky that night.

I think she wanted to check and make sure for herself that peeing in the ladies room was, in fact, not natural for me.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Cleveland Stadium's troughs were legendary. And if you played your cards right, they just might flood into your seating area.

I don't remember if it was a Browns game or a Stones concert, but someone I knew went to Cleveland Stadium and a whole section was showered by the remnants of a broken pipe that exited one of the upper deck bathrooms. Good times!

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Camp Randall Stadium used to have the trough system...

My first Badgers football game was a great experience overall, but as a fourth grader, spending time at the trough was NOT fun.... When you're about waste-high on the drunk, pissing guys around you at a trough...not a pretty picture.

Draft saved Draft deleted