1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just watched one of the most chilling documentaries ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Dec 21, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Comrade McKittrickov, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your computer system sucks.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Nuking Milwaukee. Hmm, now there's an idea.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't have to take that from you, you pig-eyed sack of shit.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's just crazy to think about, at least from my perspective. Until New York was hit in 2001, I never thought about anything happening to me and my town; I lived in the invincible, stress-free bubble where nothing was going to touch me. To some extent, I still live my life that way. But reading or hearing something like that kind of puts things in perspective a bit. Like at any moment, shit can change and shit can end.

I'm glad I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on back then. It sounds like a frightening time.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good Lord, Bubbler, are you just one big giant pussy or what?

You and six or seven of your friends could have beaten the Russians. Even if one of them turned out to be batshit crazy and one was actually spying for the Russians.

Why, in the northeast, we went to school every day hoping the Russians would attack our schools so we could kick their ass.

sack up bubs.

6. Oh, I was hoping for something a little better than that from you, sir. A man of your education

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

WOLVERINES!!!

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I think I saw this guy in one of the interviews:

[​IMG]

And just for the hell of it:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I wasn't old enough to feel what Bubbler went through, either, but growing up in Seattle it seemed like we were always afraid of earthquakes and volcanoes (Mt. St. Helens blew up the day after I was born. What a welcome to earth, huh?). So, in a sense I lived in fear growing up.
    But I understand where you are coming from with Sept. 11.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

A little off topic, but I was just reading the other day how colossally seismologists fucked up by not predicting the Mt. St. Helens explosion.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Again?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Where'd you read that? They evacuated the area and had watch stations all over the place. I remember reading about that old guy up there on Moses Lake, Harry Truman, crusty old dude he was, who gave interviews saying "I'm not leaving." He died in the eruption.

Draft saved Draft deleted