1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Just Spoke With Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 17, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Big Donkey... I laughed out loud at that

2. That third strike during Randy Johnson's 300th win was fucking bullshit. I was there, behind the third base dugout, eight rows up. I don't blame him. Biggest horseshit, it's raining, it's somewhat cold, veteran hall of famer going for milestone, first game of double header, i don't want to be working until 3 am, call by an umpire I've ever seen (and I'm a fucking umpire).

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was there, a little higher than you, and I agree it was horseshit.
    A lot of his other called thirds are not.
    "Hi, this iis Adam. Come out and watch the game. I do - even when I'm playing in it."

Don't mess with Lastings. He is The Queen's favorite player. She will hurt you.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Josh Towers is with the Nats' AAA team (in the 'Cuse where the Jays had their affiliate for years)? Holy fuck, you think they would have learned thier lesson after bringing in Gustavo Chacin.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but that doesn't excuse Dunn's other 1,000,000 called third strike K's.

Thank God for Baseball Reference. I looked up Dunn's strikeout looking percentage, he's consistently been near 10 percent above league average in recent years. He has struck out looking 35 percent of the time this season. League average for his career is 26 percent.

You figure Dunn is good for 160 strikeouts a season, so 56 of them will be looking. By point of comparison, Ryan Howard has struck out looking 11 percent of the time this year and is at 21 percent for his career, five percent below league average.

I can live with swinging strikeouts from sluggers. If you're a slugger, you better get your bat off your shoulders. Dunn doesn't and it's a big reason why he's made of massive fail.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just got another call from Coach Ryan. He needs me this coming weekend to be at my best against the Pats.

Draft saved Draft deleted