1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Just Spoke With Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Hi this is Rex Ryan I have Rachel Nichols tied up on my couch."

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My paper — the one I fucking work for — calls me every week asking to subscribe.

Every. Goddamned. Week. (And yes, I already subscribe. Seven days a week.)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"This is Adam Dunn, left fielder from the Washington Nationals. While I recorded this, I took strike three looking. Next time you're in D.C. and you see me strike out or butcher my left field duties, tell 'em the Big Donkey sent ya!"

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"Hi Moddy. This is Ron Villone. I wasn't good enough to cut in the Guatemalan D-League, but the Washington Nationals are a team that believes in 15th chances. So here's your 15th chance to renew your season tickets!"

5. Boom_70

Hi this is JP Riccardi I told everyone that Adam Dunn sucked but no one would listen.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ron Villone was 3-0 on June 9.
    He's 3-4 now. Had a bad week.

"Hi, this is Mike Rizzo. We just nuked Ron Villone. Come on out to Nats Park and watch another scrap heap reliever suck the life out of everybody."

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fixed. :)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Hi this is Jim Bowden. While I'm no longer employed by the Washington Nationals, my ego told me that your life would be affirmed if you got a call from me, even if it was recorded.

"If you're lucky enough to be a Latino ballplayer, I'll gladly talk to you in person provided you give me a routing number for your bank account.

"Now ponder the magnitude of being talked to by me, live in my refracted glow, and remember I am innocent of all charges. Peace out."

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Hi, this is the original Washington Senators. Stop wearing our fucking hats. You're embarrassing us."

10. Boom_70

Hi Jim this is the IRS we would like to conduct a full audit on your past 2 years income.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fixed.

12. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

This is thread of the year material.

I've laughed out loud about six times.

Oh, and ...

"Hi, Moddy. I'm Lastings Milledge. Remember me, dawg? I'm calling on behalf of the Syracuse Chiefs, the AAA affiliate of the Nationals. We were hoping to interest you in a summer vacation in New York. While here, you can check on the progress of all the Nationals flameouts (Collin Balester is here with me, bro). Plus, we'll promise you'll get to see underwhelming retread Josh Towers and his unhittable 87 mph fastball start a game if you reserve now. I'm hoping I see you again soon. Feel free to say hi. I'm currently on the seven-day disabled list. I'm easy to pick out. I'm the dude who doesn't hustle. Ever."

Draft saved Draft deleted