1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just saw it.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

A 2007 Mustang Cobra Convertible driving around here in town.

Good God.

Whoever ordered it ......ordered it a Dark Mineral Gray with a Black Top.........not the best color scheme for that car.....but the car itself...........

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Was it cargasmic, Chef?

I haven't seen one, but my cargasmic auto is the BMW M5. I have seen one of those and almost fainted. ;)

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

damn near.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Love cargasmic cars. There are very few out there, but those few.. wow.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean the Ford Shelby GT500? (That's what Ford is calling it. No pony logo anywhere on it; just the Shelby name and the Cobra logo Carroll Shelby initiated four decades ago but wasn't able to keep the rights to.)

Love the car. Hate the idea of some of the punters who are going to buy one with no appreciation for what a great car it actually is.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Steve McQueen said he wants one:

7. 2muchcoffeeman

It's a traveshamockery that the current Mustang isn't available in the same green as McQueen's car in Bullitt.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Passed a Jeep Grand Cherokee similar to mine, only a few years newer. Also it was towing something. This:

[​IMG]

Porsche 911 Carerra GT3, apparently on its way to a road race. Quite fetching. And fwiw, my first cargasmic vehicle was its older brother, the banned-in-the-USA 959.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Have a good friend that has a Bullitt Edition Mustang from 2001 that is Bullitt Green.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

The 959 was never banned; Porsche simply refused to provide NHTSA with four for crash-testing. Bill Gates and Paul Allen each own one (gray-market imports), and the 959 is now legal to drive (with emissions controls and some mileage limits) under the federal Show and Display law.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Yeah, I remember that one. The color would look excellent on the current Mustang (and ... er ... the '01 car's roof was so low that when I sat in it the top of the doorframe was even with my eyes).

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Cobras should be in the original colors, blue and white.

I wish I could trust American cars again--my last, a Mustang GT convertible, was a POS. It was fast though.

I'll join spup in the M5 drooling category now.

Draft saved Draft deleted