1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just rode the subway with Neil Young

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Some-where on a crowwwwwwwwwwd-ed sub-waaaaaaay...

Ragu chats up a hirsute Ca-naaaaaa-di-an...

His long gray hair blowing in the wind.

Bet-ter than spending half the day...

Listening to cre-mora's lies...

Collidin' with the very air we breathe...

The air we breathe.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was once a Trailways bus with Top Gigio anhd Idi Amin.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A few years back during the Toronto Film Festival, Don Johnson and a "buxomy" blond were at the table next to us.

Had a nice chat with John Lithgow at Pearson Airport one afternoon.

Worked for the publishing company who used to distribute Farrar Strauss & Giroux books in Canada had drinks one night with Scott Turow & Tom Wolfe.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Two of my friends have been swearing for almost a decade that they saw John Smoltz an Atlanta airport on our way to New Orleans. If I remember correctly, the Braves were out of town, so I called bullshit. But every single time we get together, which isn't often anymore, they talk about the time they saw John Smoltz.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thank you, Costanza. :D

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I danced with Tina Yothers at my brother's wedding.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

George: You know Keith, what I've always wondered, with all these ball clubs flying around all season don't you think there would be a plane crash? ...
    Keith: (to Jerry) Do you perform anywhere in new York right now?
    Jerry: I'm performing in this club on the east Side. You should come in.
    George: But if you think about it ... 26 teams, 162 games a season, you'd think eventually an entire team would get wiped out.
    Keith: You know, I live on the East Side.
    Jerry: I'll tell you what, I'll give you my number and uh, just give me a call, tell me whenever you want to go.
    Keith: Or maybe just to get together for a cup of coffee
    Jerry: Oh, that would be great.
    George: Uh, it's only a matter of time.
    Keith: Who's this chucker?

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I once saw Erik Estrada carrying his own bags in the Newark airport.

Re Neil and Trans, "Transformer Man" is a beautiful song without the bleeps and bloops. Not that Neil shouldn't experiment, but the biggest problem (for me) with those 80s albums is that they came out sounding like genre exercises and buried any heartfelt emotion for the sake of said genre. But then, his 80s Crazy Horse albums were even worse. "Ain't got no mashed potatoes/ain't got no mashed potatoes/ain't got no mashed potatoes/got my T-bone." (I know he recorded that in a hurry while going through intense therapy with his son, but still.)

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually, flying with an NFL running back isn't a sure thing: Rodney Culver went down in the Everglades on that Valujet flight.

My oddest celebrity sighting: Chris "Jesus" Ferguson walking between Smithsonian museums in DC.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I would have thought Ponch would have some lacky to carry his bags.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Very rich celebrity story.

My business partner at the time and I were standing in the cab line at Laguardia and my buddy goes, "Look who's at the front of the line. Ken Thomson".

Ken Thomson was the wealthiest Canadian and ninth richest person in the world but there he was with us other shmucks waiting for a cab. No driver for Lord Thomson who apparently also bought his suits off the rack.

Can you imagine Donald Trump waiting in line for a cab?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I saw Jamie Foxx at O'Shea's in Vegas.
    Flew coach with 1980s comic Frank Travelina.

Draft saved Draft deleted