1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just got HBO ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Deep_Background is reporting that Home Box Office has begun broadcasting to 1,000 homes on cable television. More on this story as it develops.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't forget to get your converter box. And when you switch it to HBO, all the TVs in your house will only be able to show that one channel.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you've got a satellite dish, your parents will be able to tell you're watching the Playboy Channel if they come home and the dish is pointed straight up in the air ...

4. dooley_womack1

And if you get tired of HBO, there's this hot new channel called MTV that shows about 30 Rod Stewart videos and various New Wave videos in rotation.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

DWOFPM: 10 = Days With Out Following Prawns Mating: 10 ?

6. dooley_womack1

When I change my tagline, that post will be mere gibberish. :D And no, it wouldn't be that; I can never resist a good prawn orgy.

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

my favorite HBO movie has always been the Beastmaster.
    A source indicates to me they will be showing 'The Beastmaster' about 50 times the first month... :D Ditto for True Blood and Entourage plus boxing.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You'll love sniglets.

9. dooley_womack1

There's this real hot chick, Wendie Malick, in this new show called Dream On

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Not Necessarily the News is sorta ok, I guess.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

HBO always has a good on-demand, but see what you couldn't have gotten from Netflix.

Not a fan of True Blood (wife loves it).

Treme was at least good if not great, available on HBO ondemand.

Ricky Gervais Show is silly, just an animated podcast, but with some brilliantly funny people.

Bored to Death is not good despite its pedigree. Hung is just boring.

If you're willing, hang in for the return of In Treatment and Curb Your Enthusiasm, which are worth the price of admission.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fraggle Rock is the bomb.

Draft saved Draft deleted