1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just gave somebody road rage...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I had something like this happen to me on the Baltimore Beltway. Merging on, which evidently pissed off some thug who was going about 90 (in a 55)...so he's on my ass for a good mile in HEAVY morning traffic, finally moves to the right lane and passes me, giving me the gun gesture. I couldn't help it, but I started cracking up.

But I have my share of stories from my commute from Baltimore to DC.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Well don't fuck with Dick Cheney. He's got places to be.

3. lono

lono Active Member

Was he an 8 who was about to cry, Jay? [/crossthread]

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

a half dozen times in last three years? if you're joking, you're not good at it. if you're serious, you're just an ass.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I only do it when I'm in no hurry to get somewhere, which doesn't happen very often.

And I prefer to be called a bitch, thankyouverymuch.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Thanks, but I already knew that. My shrink told me. ::)

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I get honked at a lot. Maybe I deserve it, maybe I don't, but if it bothers you that much, take down my plate number and call the cops.
    If a cop wouldn't pull me over for it, you have no business honking at me. I once had a woman threaten to shoot me because she thought I was a little too close to her when she pulled out of her apartment building's parking lot. "If I didn't have my kid with me, I'd shoot your ass!" she yelled at me. Give me a fucking break.
    Another time, I almost hit a guy while changing lanes. OK, my mistake, but no harm, no foul. The guy responds by backing up toward me at a pretty good speed, I guess trying to illustrate to me that it doesn't matter if you do something on purpose or by mistake, the results are still the same. Please, give me a fucking break.
    I realize people can get a little testing if the think their lives or livelihoods are threatened, but as I said, no harm, no foul. Some people really need to grow up.
    Oh and I haven't had an at-fault accident in 15 years so how bad a driver can I be?

8. You gave them road rage? Is that a new STD?

I always honk at bad drivers. How else will they learn? ;) Total ripoff of Jenifer Aniston's line in Friends

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What was it Paula Poundstone said, "Whenever somebody honks at me, I crash my car into them. They tell me I'm a lousy driver. Well, thanks for reminding me."

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Don't worry, Jay.

I just gave someboy herpes...on purpose.

11. Did you apologize to him?

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Phew, I'm just happy I read this thread title a second time. I was about to say, umm, Jay?

Draft saved Draft deleted