1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just forded the river and two of my oxen died...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 29, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I found myself wanting to play Oregon Trail tonight. I downloaded a copy from Morpheus (shhhh). Man, this game brings back memories.

2. busuncle

busuncle Member

Prayers lifted for the oxen.

Watch out for dysentery.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Next, we are going to test spup's math skills.

[​IMG]

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, Doc died of dysentery. It was sad. I drowned trying to float the last river before I got to the end and won. That was the worst part.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

And Doc assures me that game was "awesome" on the old Apple IIE. That's the second time we've discussed the Apple IIE today. Weird.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Nothing says middle school computer class like getting on the Oregon Trail and dying of the squirts.

Great article on OT here: http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/oregontrail.htm

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Never heard of this game. Maybe I'm too old.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Pallister, there is NO way you are too old for Oregon Trail. I can assure you of that. Maybe you just didn't have it at your school.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

God, I feel like every couple of weeks I reminisce with my friends about Oregon Trail. It always turns into making jokes about people dying of dysentary and yellow fever or drowning while attempting to ford the river. It was also great to kill like 3,000 pounds of food but only get to keep like 100 of it. That game brings back great memories.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The only object lesson Oregon Trail taught me is now I know why the buffalo died. Those things ran about as fast as Oliver Miller.....

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Many thanks to Double Down for inspiring my newest profile avatar.

Draft saved Draft deleted