1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just filed taxes today. :D

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Apr 13, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Still haven't filed. That's why the government hates me.

2. Already got our tax refund, which will be spent in Vegas in June.

Keeping my fingers crossed for early May on the stimulus, which will be spent in Chicago.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i were you, i'd put it all on black.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

In honor of the current economic climate

5. That's the plan.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

atta kid.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I love that movie.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That movie fucking rocks.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Somehow we didn't trigger the AMT this year, but that is one strange addition to the tax code. It's not indexed for inflation, so it sits there like a big, complicated trap that's awfully hard to walk around. I filed today and when I mailed them (yea, I know), some older woman was demanding that a postal worker fill out her forms. Each time the worker said there were liability issues, the woman just talked louder.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have a huge mental block when it comes to filing taxes, even when I'm gonna get a huge refund.

Part of the reason is that you don't get all the forms you need until Feb. 1, and that's when it gets busy here: UIL realignment, national signing day, the Super Bowl, and the prep basketball playoffs. As soon as hoops ends, the soccer playoffs begin. At the same time baseball, softball, track and field, golf and tennis get cranked up.

If I could get everything I need in January, I wouldn't have to try to sneak in an hour in mid-April to bust ass to get to the post office.

(And I have always done my own taxes. I'm not paying anyone else a portion of my money to help me reclaim what is rightly my money.)

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bat; If you have an idea what forms you need, so on line and print them out as early as possible. Then you're ready as soon as the W-2s, 1099s etc show up.

Draft saved Draft deleted