1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just ate White Castle....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hell, I'll eat the microwavable ones you can find at Walmart.

Delicious, and the onion smell stays on your hands even after a light scrubbing. (Hi IJAG!)

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Krystal "double with cheese" is an extra handful of nails in the circulatory system.

That's why I order four, plus the large fry. It's really eight burgers, but I remove the spongy middle piece of bread for a more compact version of death in a bag. I've had as many as six before at one time.

Deeee-licious.

As for the aroma in the car, that won't go away. Heaven help you if a wrapper or box gets jammed under the car seat, too. The sludge grease hardening compound adheres to the carpet fibers forever and ever and ever ...

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

New vehicle.

The 2009 Nieman Marcus Holiday catalog might a cool one.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hope you choke on an onion.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I ate at White Castle once, in 1987, somewhere in New Jersey (I can't remember where). I was really hung over at the time.
    The other night I ate at the first Sonic in New England. Took me 90 minutes to get into the parking lot and they messed up my order.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

spent my first 32 years on this earth residing in brooklyn. still never experienced the "white castle" experience. and i'm no picky eater, either.

during my most vulnerable years in the mid-to-late '70s, "jack in the box" was more the rage of my crowd. nothing like talking to the clown at a drive-through at 3 a.m.

my sympathies, 21. didn't think it was ever possible to have you slip in my ratings as my absolute fave SportsJournalists.com poster but this episode might have done it.

this, too, shall pass. pun most certainly intended! ;D ;D ;D

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have slways said that if anyone ever threw up in my car, I would drive it to the ocean, let it roll into the surf, and walk away with no regrets.

Never thought the rule would also apply to late night White Castle wrappers.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Might as well try some Drano to clean yourself out, 21.

Yeah, it might kill you. But it will be an improvement one way or another, eh?

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

White Castle has recipes of dishes you can make with their sliders.

Here's one for White Castle Turkey Stuffing. What a wonderful Thanksgiving treat this would be!

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/recipe_list.asp?section=recipes&type=DINNER&recipe=9

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ah, White Castle ... my stomach rumbles at the happy memories (or is that a threat of revolt just at the thought?)

When I worked night crew at a grocery store one summer, White Castle was the only place that would serve up burgers at 7 a.m. I mean, you just got done working -- you don't want some crappy Egg McMuffin at that hour!

I remember enjoying them. On the other hand, I haven't had any sliders in about 15 years.

Truthfully, 21, I think what kills you isn't the meat or the onion. It's the buns. One hundred percent white flour, basted with butter and whatever grease is on the grill.

Next time, just make a run for the border.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You are not seriously telling me I ate butter.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the anals of SportsJournalists.com history, I have a long long post detailing my life's history with White Castles. The nut-graf version:

1. 1966 or so, I was 7-8. On a family trip, dad took us to White Castle. Our family of four needed about 4 restroom stops to complete the 90-mile drive home.

2. 1968. Another family trip. Mom and Dad debate: "Maybe we just got a bad batch last time, maybe WC has cleaned up their act." This time, our family (now five) needs about 8 restroom stops to get home.

3. 1998. I move to a new job and fairly close to my house is a White Castle. I figure it's been 30 years, maybe they've changed their recipes, maybe my digestive tract can handle them now, so I pick up a couple of them and chomp them down. A 10-15-minute drive home. I get out of the car and start walking toward the door. Then start running. Hit the restroom at full sprint, approximately 0.7 seconds before a full-scale recreation of Chernobyl.

White Castle: Three strikes, you're out. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted