1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just ate White Castle....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 5, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No, Kev, you don't. It's not worth it.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Blasphemy.

Spicy Krystal Chiks were divine. (They don't make 'em anymore. So regular Chiks -- not those crappy "Southern Chiks," either -- have to suffice.)

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You didn't wash them down with Yoo Hoo. That's the problem.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

From what I understand, eating meet with cheese on it is not kosher by definition.

White Castle is not kosher by the figurative definition though.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you had told me there would be a thread titled "I just ate White Castle" and offered me a chance to guess up to 780 SportsJournalists.com posters who would have started it...21 still wouldn't have made the list.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I LOVE White Castle ... just not those jalopeno things.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Castle was a big part of the mid 80s Brooklyn experience. I've had 28 cheeseburgers in one sitting and still feel the pain a couple of decades later.

Now that I've moved to the burbs, there is actually one within a 5 minute drive.

You haven't lived (or died on the inside) until you've had the surf and turf sandwich. Or the Chicken Italiano.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

During my two years in Bama, Krystal was the go-to on the way home after the bar. Any other time? Meh. Gotta be hammered.

I heard the only difference between Krystal and WC is one uses ketchup and the other uses mustard? Is that true? And Krystal chix were the tits.

Thank God, we don't have either where I live now. Wendy's spicy chicken sammich will have to do in a pinch.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Let me just say, no matter what you may be told, there is no truth to the myth that a little scotch--even really really good scotch--will kill the volcanic post-White Castle bacterial grease ordeal.

I think I need an organ transplant.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The scotch just killed your Hall of Fame chances.

Beer only with White Castle.

I guess there's always next time.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't drink beer. Of course, I also don't eat White Castle or drink scotch.

And a small suggestion, don't ever leave White Castle wrappers in the car overnight. No idea what to do about this.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never had White Castle. Now that I live in a city with them I was considering giving it a shot one drunken night. But after this thread, I'm not so sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted