1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I Hope You Had a Hell of a Piss, Arnold."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, May 12, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

“I had to wear Pampers”

Oxfam America, an arm of the international anti-poverty and injustice group, alleges that poultry industry workers are "routinely denied breaks to use the bathroom" in order to optimize the speed of production. In some cases, according to the group, the reality is so oppressive that workers "urinate and defecate while standing on the line" and "wear diapers to work." In others, employees say they avoid drinking liquids for long periods and endure considerable pain in order to keep their jobs.

The findings are the result of hundreds of interviews with line workers from some of the largest poultry processing companies in the United States, including Tyson Foods, Pilgrim's, and Perdue. And they bring the current state of the poultry industry into serious question. Competitive forces, they suggest, are driving poultry processors to produce as much meat as possible, as fast as possible, leading companies to mistreat their workers, even if unknowingly.

“I had to wear Pampers”: The cruel reality the people who bring you cheap chicken allegedly endure

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

thumbs up on thread title.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It's a piss poor debate topic.

Draft saved Draft deleted