1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hope she's OK.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Oct 29, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's funny because the girl is OK ... but she's damn lucky she's not confined to a wheelchair for life. That could have been uglier than Rosie O'Donnell.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

They didn't pick up the spare on that last one.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

This is now in the main lineup at cnn.com with the unfortunate headline "cheerleader creamed by players at game."

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The video is an interview with her and in response to the subject line "she's ok"
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/10/30/ducey.cheerleader.trampled.komo

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, it's not even funny because of that. It's not funny because it's pandering to the fucking mouth-breathing sniggering (I realize I'm overusing that word, but it simply fits so utterly perfectly in this case) fratboy fucknuts who just get an uncontrollable giggle reflex whenever they see a woman (especially a young cute one) smacked into the ground.

FUCK FRATBOY NATION!!! (And not in the way they'd prefer.) I've actually made it onto the air on sports radio a couple times with that shout-out. Fight the power. ;)

6. ArnoldBabar

First of all, I'm not sure shouting obscenities on sports talk radio is an accomplishment you should be bragging about. And I think the incident would be no less funny -- for me, funnier -- if the person who got run over was a guy. Trying to turn this into some indication of a pro-violence against women bias is overreaching by a lot.

7. Starman

Oh don't worry about it. Given the general intellectual content of our local Fratboy Radio outlets, I'm sure screeching obscenities on the air probably lifts the overall intelligence level of the discourse.

:D :D

8. ArnoldBabar

They should have an XM Fratboy Radio channel, where people can screech obscenities all they want.

9. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Ok, one of you geniuses will have to explain to me how having a girl/woman involved makes it any more or less funny than a boy/man involved.

If that was a guy getting trampled there, it would be ok to laugh? That's what you're saying, right?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Incredibly poor taste.

11. Starman

It really wouldn't be very funny regardless of who it was.

The imagery of the little ponytailed cheerleader getting steamrolled by the big husky football players seems to be one that the sniggering fratboys really get into.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This bitch is on Good Morning America. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Draft saved Draft deleted