1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I HIT THE HAMILTON LOTTERY!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 24, 2016.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If the Hamilton play had Tiger Cats I would definitely go see it.

HanSenSE, Riptide and Michael_ Gee like this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

SF show tix went on sale Monday ... and I got six! I don't know how, just lucky, but somehow in the random assignment of all those who logged in before 10 a.m., I ended up with an online number in the low 20,000s out of more than 100,000. Took about four hours but I eventually got in, immediately looked toward the back dates of the March-August run, and found orchestra seats for a night in July. Best part is those seats were tagged at $197 instead of the $524 that a lot of orchestra seats were priced at. It was a huge lament (#firstworldproblems) of people that by the time they got in, those mega-expensive tickets were the only ones left.

I checked StubHub for my night, the seats next to us are going for $750 apiece right now. If that number gets any higher, I might have to re-evaluate how much I actually want to see the thing.

This was a hilarious writeup of the angst throughout the Bay Area on Monday.

Online 'Hamilton' ticket queue proves there is no God/life is meaningless/you should just quit now

franticscribe and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Congrats. I may have to become VP-elect before I can make it to a show.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

And people question the need for a nanny state.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hey LTL have I mentioned you're my favorite poster here? Never have before? Well, you are and I'm not just saying that because you got Hamilton tickets but if for some reason one of your five closest family or friends can't make it remember your buddy Spartan ...

LongTimeListener likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Going tonight and pretty pumped. Listening to the soundtrack the past few weeks, it's such a smartly written show.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let us know what you think - I'm going to try and go again after the NCAA tournament

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A couple of our good friends are REALLY into the show and have set the bar super high. Now i know what it's like to be a Springsteen newbie talking to me.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And see "Come From Away". It's special.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My daughter had to play the phone-order game recently. She called at the opening bell, got through and was Caller No. 258 in line. But she scored tickets for the show in May ------ Twenty Eighteen.

Draft saved Draft deleted