1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I HIT THE HAMILTON LOTTERY!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 24, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just based on the 60 Mimutes segment, I'm going to predict you will love it.

Who are you bringing?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Congrats. That is truly a score.

I want to see it. So does Ms. Ragu -- she likes musicals. I just love Alexander Hamilton. But I have done zilch to get tickets. I think of it, tell myself I am going to do it. ... and then forget until someone like you reminds me.

The Chernow biography was excellent. I love colonial / revolutionary history, and I have always been fascinated by Hamilton. He's my favorite founding father, and I always admired his self-made ascension and the role he played in stabilizing the country in the early days. He really is one of my historical heroes. I have visited his grave @ Trinity Church many times, have visited his home on 141st Street, and even have been to the site of his duel -- which is @ the ferry terminal in Weekhawken, NJ. You'd think I would get off my butt and get tickets to this show, but we haven't even been in NY much anyhow the last 2 months. :( I hope you enjoy it!

BTW, when I saw the thread title, my head scratching thought was, "Hamilton, Ontario"?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moddy should absolutely invite Suzy Favor Hamilton.

We are on Page Two, and no mention of Suzy yet? C'mon, we're slipping around here.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Good. Not great.

image.png

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

She might come with a price.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Looking at the thread title, I thought there was an SJ.com pool on how fast Josh Hamilton would be put on the DL.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Poor Moddy now is going to feel guilty if he doesn't give the tickets to Mr. and Mrs. Rags.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The TRUE Hamilton Lottery winner

[​IMG]

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Toughest ticket in town. Congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted