1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hereby resolve...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You smoke?

Goals for 'Gola!:
    1. Quit smoking
    2. Get in some sort of shape (I almost passed out playing football in the snow during Christmas)
    3. Get back in the habit of reading
    4. Not get divorced (this may be the only one I accomplish, since I'm not married)

2. 1) Get down to 200 pounds (which is about 25-30 pounds away)
    2) Treat my teeth/mouth better
    3) Get the hell out of Baltimore (the sooner the better)
    4) Get the balls to confront my upstairs neighbor about the shit she's putting me through (creaking around her apartment between 1-5 in the morning, which has forced me to alter my sleeping habits and/or wear earplugs in my own f-ing apartment).
    5) Be a great husband when I get married in August.

Three and four will be accomplished by May, when I move.

2008 will be a great year!

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Congrats and good luck with flight school. I had a friend go far enough to get his private pilots license, trying to get a commercial license. He stopped because of the cost. I've always said, if I become a multi-millionaire, I'm paying for him to get whatever license he needs to be my personal pilot.

As for my resolutions ... I'm resolving to take up smoking so I can quit smoking. /bart simpson

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm going to start a fight club.

5. Damn it Mike! You don't talk about the fight club, man!

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he does have a point, mike.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

This year's resolution is the same as every year: don't die.

That, and make a to-do list.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Back when I first started on the board, I wrote something about wanting to wear some chick's pelvis like a feed bag. Basically, it refers to a very enthusiastic, spirited and prolonged performance of cunnilingus. "Like a feed bag" is a much more emphatic expression of attraction than "I'd hit it." My resolution is to beat the odds and have more feed-bag action in my life even though I live in a small, conservative town in the middle of nowhere and the pickings are slim 'round these parts.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sometimes I definitely think to much. Don't die. Got to put that on my list and keep it there.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm also going to develop my own rules.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

1) Give people a chance
    2) Stop getting so fucking upset about stupid fucking bullshit that shouldn't fucking bother me
    3) Quit swearing
    4) Lose 15 pounds to get down to 220, a weight I haven't been at since 1996.
    5) Buy a plant
    6) Water said plant so it doesn't die
    7) Take my dogs out more often (that's not a euphemism)

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm pretty sure it was Jennifer Aniston, and I know it made my sig for a while.

Made me laugh harder than just about anything on here.

Draft saved Draft deleted