1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hereby resolve...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Dec 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

- To be a better father and husband. Those are things that can always be improved upon and my girls are worth the effort.

- To get more exercise. Given how little I get now, that shouldn't take much.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about stop "being a pain in the ass"?

Sorry for the big words.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

she's a happy drunk.

4. lono

lono Active Member

In addition to the usual attempts at virtuous behavior - be a better hubby & dad, diet & exercise - etc.:

Learn to play most of the Muddy Waters' catalog on guitar.

Drive an American-made convertible built between 1962 and '68.

Be economical with my words but not my emotions.

Write with the fire of someone half my age and the wisdom of someone twice my age.

Remember everyone and everything that got me here in the first place. And who to thank and who to pay back.

And, oh yeah, make up to Jones for missing Louisville a couple of weeks back.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

• Get off The Caffeine

• Get out more, even if it means embarrassing myself (and odds are it will)

• Get happy

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn, dude, are you me? Well, the first two anyway. I've done the father thing close to 25 years now and it may be the one thing I actually do well. Though they may disagree.

The second point is very true and my main goal. It ain't the SJ time, it's the time I spend dicking around looking for this and that and whatever. Big stack of books I'm going to get started on in about an hour, after I finish searching for ***

I started eating better about two months ago. Haven't had heartburn in two months, my cholesterol is way down. It's been 10 years since I did a marathon. May try another one late this year.

If I want to live long enough to see the Nats win something, I have to find a way to stick around 40 or so more years.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

How about use the goddamn SHIFT key? ;)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

too much work, my friend. i only hit the shift key when i'm getting paid. shit, you're lucky you even get commas out of me. :D

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nothing. I'm just going to live, and love doing it.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This year's gonna be a busy one. We're having a baby this month, and I'm starting flight school shortly, which is going to require much better study habits than I currently have.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I resolve to work harder at my job and not let small things take my eyes off the prize.

And to do the feed bag thing more often.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

???

Draft saved Draft deleted