1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hereby endorse this man for governor, president and emperor for life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jul 29, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Finally, a candidate willing to stand up for the critical issues facing us, such as abolishing traffic stops, fining people who don't care guns and banning gold fringe on the U.S. flag. I give you Basil Marceaux, future governor of Tennessee.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Knowing you, I thought this was about Saban.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The man makes a compelling argument in this one:

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I found the video after reading the AP story about the reaction to it, which if possible is even better.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jul/29/basil-marceaux-undaunted-mockery-govs-bid/

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

So the guy changed his name to Basil Marceaux Dot Com?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I saw him on Colbert the other night. Basil Marceaux Dot Com says if you vote him, you will be freed from traffic stop slavery for life. So I'm driving 125 mph to Tennessee to vote for him.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If we got rid of traffic stops and parking tickets for that matter, would that mean police would then be forced to spend their time and energies on finding and catching the real bad guys?

Um, no way that will ever fly with the FOP, well, unless you said the compromise is they can spend more time in donut shops.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We have a guy who runs for something every election - City Mayor, County Mayor, on and on. He could be this guy's Lt. Gov or something.

In the last mayor race, his platform was to bring 50,000 jobs and a 100-lane bowling alley to town.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Saw this guy a few weeks ago and immediately began to campaign.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. John

John Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted