1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I heart MLB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Eagles1 in London, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Apologies if this should go under the baseball thread, but I'm sitting here flipping between the Phils on ESPN and some of the other games on the package and I have to say--I can't get enough of baseball. I litterally can not wait to get home from work to start watching games. Maybe it's because we just came back from living abroad, or maybe it's because NBA and NHL have been tough to watch lately, but sometimes i sit on my couch at 1:30 in the morning actually annoyed that there is no more baseball for me to watch that night. The Mrs. is 5+ months pregnant so she's completely wiped out by 9 each night so i'm left with a lot of time on my hands (especially considering i'm an insomniac)....anyway, sorry for the stream of conscience rant but am i the only one completely obsessed?
  2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I love my Red Sox, but forgive me if I won't sit down in my spare time and watch an entire Rockies-Giants game from start-to-finish.

The NFL on the other hand...I'd watch a Cardinals-Browns preseason game and enjoy the whole thing.
  3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm exactly the opposite -- give me random-ass MLB any day over random-ass NFL.

And I can watch any NHL game, too, and be perfectly entertained.
  4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Me too. I heart the NHL. Was born and raised on the Bruins, althought i'm a converted Kings fan in part because my family has season tickets to their AHL team.

NBA on the other hand has been a pain for me to watch lately. Lackluster product unless PHX or my Celts are involved and I'm at the Garden.
  5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm with Bukc and Eagle as far as baseball goes....I will never pay for extra innings etc., but I will watch any game I can (even the "goddamn stinking Yankees" as my dad used to say)
  6. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I watched the Cubs and Astros tonight, with Larry The Cable Guy in the announcing booth. 'Nuff said about my loyalties to baseball.
  7. lantaur

lantaur Active Member

Off topic, but when the f*** did people start using heart instead of love. Sorry, but it's been bugging me for a while.

On topic, I think fantasy sports has ruined me some in that I'd prefer to watch games with "my players" (but I'll always want to watch my favorite teams, regardless). That being said, I could probably watch any NFL or MLB game. I used to be able to watch the NHL, but I think the strike helped kill a lot of that interest. The NBA? Maybe back in 1985.
  8. Oz

Oz Active Member

Probably 2004 with the Huckabees.
  9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's the greatest game in the world, and I can watch pretty much whatever I want. This is my slower time of the work year, and I watch most of it on my laptop, so my girl doesn't complain because she can still watch whatever she wants. I just finished watching a pretty good Mets-Dodgers game (Broxton-Saito is a filthy duo), and I'm about ready for bed.
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'll watch any game on free TV. My wife is disgusted. I can't help it.

I watched Phillies-White Sox tonight. No ties to either team. Didn't matter.
  11. The Browns have been dumped on enough. Leave them alone.
  12. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Hey, I'd watch that game too.

I feel the same way about baseball... I can watch the Indians, but give me two teams like the White Sox-Phillies, even in HD, I can't stick with the whole thing. I'd much rather see what's on Discovery Channel... too many good shows on that channel lately.
Draft saved Draft deleted