1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have to "Read A Magazine"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You don't think that's a little strange?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ted did finally figure it out, though it certainly took him long enough.

They do tend to go over the top quite a bit, especially with Barney, though it is usually worth it.

Barney's scene with Robin near the end of the episode was very well done.

3. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Ha! Sorry to dissapoint, mine looks like this.

[​IMG]

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Do you put some flowery potpourri shit in there too?

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Mine looks like this:

[​IMG]

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

One of my first assignments as a wide eyed 23 year old lawyer was to deal with a complaint from a female employee of a client.

The allegation? That the client engaged in gender discrimination because it provided a magazine stand in the mens room, but did not have a similar set up for the ladies.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Men don't complain about not having a couch.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, we could have a whole thread about "reading a magazine" at work. I'm with Marshall. Would not do it, unless an emergency. For the 12 years I worked at my last rag, I could count the magazines read there on one hand, and have a couple of fingers left over. Nothing like the home throne.

On the other hand, there are plenty of bathroom stories from the Post that I still laugh at. Like:

On of our columnists can still bring me to tears of laughter telling the story of the day he noticed a reporter coming out of the bathroom eating a sandwich. Talk about multitasking.

Then, there was the day the men's room was out of order. A total of three males were busted in infamous stories using the ladies' room, including one in which the dude put his hand under the stall in search of paper. The women in the next stall FREAKED.

And, of course, someone on here once told an infamous story about "trouser chili" that still makes me cringe.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never understood the discomfort. One year living in a college dorm was the end of any problems with public pooping. I guess the office restroom seems safe since the threat of some idiot dumping a big cup of cold water into the stall is fairly minimal.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I lived in a dorm as a freshman, and our third floor bathroom had no doors on the stalls. None of them had doors.

11. Just to clarify: Scherbatsky isn't pregnant (as in the character Robin), but Colbie Smolders, the actress, is.

As for "reading a magazine," I have no problem doing that at work. Although I don't actually read a magazine while doing so ... maybe it really is just time I will never get back.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My favorite HIMYM moment was when Barney made the top 10 list of names he would have given the moving van in the "Moving Day" episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted