1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have to "Read A Magazine"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't much like HIMYM but that was a great line. It will become a buzzword in this house

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've never watched this show before, but I really enjoyed that episode. I might have to set the Tivo for this one.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is that a euphemism for taking a dump, or taking care of "business"?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

depends on the magazine. but if it's not "playboy" or omething of that ilk, i believe it's well-known tip-off that you'll be sitting on the throne for a while.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

speaking of which....

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

On the show, it depends which character was using it. Lots of masturbation references on the CBS comedies tonight.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well for Barney, it was "taking care of business."

That was funny as hell. This show continues to make me laugh my ass off.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Anybody else notice the "BABY BUMP WATCH" promo on the top corner of Marshall's magazine?

Nice little wink to the fans about the two women on the show both being pregnant.

9. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Wait, Scherbatsky is preggos? Damn it!

Anyway. In my bathroom, I have one of those magazine holder things. I pretty much know where each magazine is at this point, seeing how much time I spend in there.

The problem comes when I go in and see one of them moved after someone else has been in there (which would only be guests I invite over).

I just want to scream for some reason after I see that. Its not that they read a magazine, but that they "read a magazine" in my bathroom!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

HIMYM continues to shine with last night's episode.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What was funny was that they used a classic HIMYM euphemism and then Barney says that he thought that they were talking about masturbation. And they went back to using the euphemism.

I also liked that in the little montage at the end, Marshall had a bran muffin, coffee and a burrito.

Thought that NPH has done a great acting job in this story line, but it was a way too broad last night. I understand that it had to be that way given the nature of the episode, but I thought that it detracted from the Robin-Barney story.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Agreed, Webster. Plus I was bothered that Lilly was the only one to notice Barney was acting strange when Robin and Ted started talking about having sex.

Draft saved Draft deleted