1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have no problem at all with "political correctness," but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 15, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

sorry meat, your stealth fun with the quote function got past me

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the mop is getting laid off the rebound with a pink bowling ball, who am I to knock it. Fuck away, mop.

Along these lines, I noticed that Orbitz changed that hovercraft commercial where the dude said, "Hernandezezes" to just "Hernandez". We've come a long way from the Frito Bandito.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Shh. Don't tell Bill O'Reilly. It'll be his next Culture War.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that people were afraid that, if they brought home a Swifter, they'd end up having a mop stalk them for the rest of their lives. The mop would eventually make a floor slick or something when you least expect it. No, it's better that the mop has moved on and is happy.

My wife is brutal. When she bought her Swifter, she gave the mop shit in a ring box.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I think feminists should be upset with the stereotype of the mop going for the anorexic 9-pound 'house' ball floozy which looks pretty but has little substance.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Here's political correctness run amok for you: At my previous shop, in a breakout box on a local athlete's hobbies, the desk changed "cornhole" to "beanbag toss."

7. dooley_womack1

I have no problem with that one. Anyhoo, if the mop were being discarded by a company, it could file a complaint to HR

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Peter Cetera loves the idea and looks forward to cashing the royalty checks from the new line of commercials...

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If my coworkers, family members or friends saw this thread, they would think I am crazy for posting on here.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And it's PINK. Why not tell girls to drop out of school and learn how to make pot roasts and be a kept woman at home?

11. dooley_womack1

UPDATE: Now it's an angle broom rebounding with a lawn flamingo? Sure, the lawnbird has long legs, but wouldn't the broom be into thicker legs, all things considered?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Dooley, you really need to get laid.

Draft saved Draft deleted