1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have fallen in love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 14, 2009.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

N_W's shoe inventory: One pair of dress shoes, which I bought in November, 1999. One pair of loafers, which I bought in 2005. Four pairs of running shoes (the current pair, which I got about a month ago and which I wear when I run; the two most recent pair of workout shoes, which are no longer cushiony enough to run, but suitable for wear otherwise; one that I wear to cut grass), one pair of Vasque Clarion Hiking Boots I've had since 2002, one pair of river sandals.

That's it. I'm probably going to buy another pair of loafers before too long. I'm thinking Clarks. Anyway, more than that is just showing off in my estimation, though I'd agree that you're better off buying quality. And I'm not talking about how shoes pull an outfit together. Just can't make myself do that.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds makes nice shoes. Pretty conservative but classy stuff.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Roger Rabbit shoes!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Moddy, I'm right there with you. My mom was/is very close to you. I wear a suit 4-5 times a week and I make sure I have always had good shoes that go with the outfit. Both for my feet and the whole look. Nothing looks worse than bad shoes for a good suit.

Alden makes great old school shoes (handmade in New England).

I love tennis shoes too, old school adidas (Gazelles, Sambas, this year's pick up Forest Hills).

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I like me a nice pair of clean-lined Bill Blass'.
    But, love?"

[​IMG]

20 bucks at Target. The best $20 you'll ever spend.

Draft saved Draft deleted