1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have an important announcement to make ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spaceman, Jun 17, 2006.

1. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

The ``Man Law'' could get old if they run it into the ground...

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

too late. that shit already annoys me. then again, there aren't too many commercials that don't annoy me.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I gotta be contrary. ;D

I still find them brilliant!

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The commercials are as bad as the beer.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Who are the Applebees guys?

I think the Friday's guys are bad.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

THE APPLEBEE'S REIGN OF TERROR IS OVER!!! (via Deadspin)
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/15166977.htm

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There's a shock. Develop an annoying ad, show it 5,000 times during the NCAA tournament, and somehow it annoys the customer base.

8. zufer

zufer Active Member

The Geico commercials are SO played out, but I'm laughing out at the latest one:
    Burt Bacharach singing "I was hit ... in the rear..."

9. Garner

Garner Member

Maybe Applebee's should focus less on making crappy commercials and more on making food that doesn't taste like vomit.

I also can't stand the sappy Applebee's commercials. The one with the retiring basketball coach was okay the first time I saw it, but completely bogus. If you've ever been to an Applebee's you realize pretty quickly that the walls are adorned with those cheap banners you find at Wal-Mart and sports-themed wallpaper.

Another bad Applebee's commercial is the one with the local football team that's just lost its final game of the season. They show up just as the three remaining employees are closing up for the night. So, naturally, the three employees decide to stick around and serve a busload of teenage kids. And they do it with smiles on their faces... of course.

Oh, I just remembered the worst Applebee's commercial of all. The one with the waitress that brings dinner home to her neighbor, the lonely elderly woman. Oh man, those are some bad commercials. At least the Applebee's guys mentioned the tasty shrimp.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love those 'Where's the beef?' commercials.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Doesn't anyone have TiVo? Problem solved.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Here's 4-time award winning broadcaster Ron Burgundy, and his co-anchor, Tits McGee.

Draft saved Draft deleted