1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a terrible confession to make

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 11, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

images.jpeg

Huggy and HC like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night that Typefitter and I were participating in some kind of round circle discussion group at a writing seminar. He was going to talk about feature writing (I believe) and I was there to talk about legal brief writing. I sat down next to him like we were old pals.

Fdufta likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have shitty dreams.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Can you go to a major league baseball game and still buy a $2 program (OK, it's probably now $5) to keep score?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Likely closer to $10. But they give you the pencil, too.

I assume you can still get a game program and keep score.

Although the diehards are probably bringing one of these beauties from home.

www.ssww.com/item/cramer-mark-basketball-scorebook-W10956

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I always just made my own on a legal pad.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are some good ones available in PDF on the Internet. They come as simple or as complex as you wish.

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Thought this tweet was appropriate for this thread.

Big Circus, HC and Buck like this.
  9. typefitter

I am in my coffee shop, listening to Interpol, sitting at 34,153 words, a week ahead of pace, and happier than a pig in shit.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I went to the library on Saturday and wrote 676 words of my 1,200-word story due a week from today. It took me damn near two hours to find a lead I'm pretty much sorta comfortable with, the mixture of fear and excitement coursing through me as I tried to suss it out. The subject at the heart of my story has been dead since 1959, but I got a call from his 78-year-old niece while at the library, and that's going to lend some good color to the story.

Last week in my regular job, I wrote nine blog posts of around 400 words each and a 900-word article. In a one-week period, it's more that I've written in a long time.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I also wrote an 1,800-word white paper today. More writing recently than I've done in years.

12. typefitter

That's a lot of words, my friend. Way to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted