1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 30, 2009.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

:)

2. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

Congratulations JD. Good people always land on their feet.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Great news, J.D.! My sincere congrats

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good news JD. Glad to hear it.

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Congats and enjoy the new job

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Congrats, JD!

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Jumping into the pile... Congratulations, JD!

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is good to hear, especially just as I had been wondering where you've been lately, and was hoping you were OK.

(More than once, I even considered starting a thread asking if anyone had heard from you lately...so, stick around!).

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great to hear, J_D. Best of luck at the new gig!

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A weekend of tying up a lot of loose ends has finally given me a few minutes to circle back here. What wonderful posts. Thanks, everyone.

The past year (and change) has taught me to be a little more circumspect about the details I post here, so I'll be brief while giving many of you enough info for you to put most of the pieces together. I'm not changing addresses, and I'll be covering the same beat as before -- this time for a weekly magazine with companion Web site. My title: associate editor. My job: write, write, write and then write some more. I'll see the usual suspects again in press boxes and all the familiar places, and it'll be nice to reconnect with them and with sources and others I'm accustomed to seeing more regularly.

I can't tell you the feeling of knowing a steady paycheck -- with benefits -- is only a few weeks away. Not having to move is another relief. In the past six months, I had to consider I might be moving to Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, Oregon, Texas, Indiana and a few other places, and while I relished the possibility of each of those maybes, the stress of the uncertainty, and how often things went from close to no cigar, took its toll.

My alarm will be set early Monday. I won't be late to the office.

I'm back. It feels good.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Congrats JD. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Soooooooo...is your place hiring, Johnny? :D :D :D

(The last two days were like the grace period between announcing you're engaged and people asking how soon you're going to start a family. It''s over now! :D)

Draft saved Draft deleted