1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate USPS!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 17, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My wife has made 30 or so scrapbooks, and I was feeling your pain indirectly.

Trust me, you had a reason to be a basketcase. I am glad everything worked out fine.

Hey, did you take pictures? Maybe you can make a scrapbook about the package almost being lost!!! :)

I love taking an awkward situation and asking her if she will make a scrapbook about it.

"Hey honey, did you keep the hospital invoice when your dad broke his ankle? You can make a scrapbook."

2. top_dog

top_dog New Member

SC: Wife had important government application due to office on Monday. We sent it via FedEx on Saturday will all assurances that it would be there on Monday morning. On Tuesday it was still a state away. Fortunately we tracked it and was able to e-mail the application on Monday.

I'm so sorry about your presents to your parents. I rarely post, and was about to vent on Monday, but didn't think cursing would have brought about much Christmas spirit ...

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Big relief, sc. I so felt your pain.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Glad to hear it SC. And it makes me more optimistic the package I sent home yesterday will show up.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Now??

(ducking)

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, ducking right into her primary target zone. :D

[​IMG]

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Awe. Some.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

SC: Better late than never! :)

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Have you thought about dumping the first "S" next time? Or is UPS the same way?

I'm just saying, because I ordered something Saturday and I received it today, like they said I would.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Got my annual gift package of smoked meats from my aunt yesterday morning. Sent the day before via UPS (brown) and still frozen solid.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Glad to hear it finally showed, sc, since rarely does the frustrated crafter want to redo a project.

I use USPS all the time and every so often things take a bit longer than normal, but I typically splurge for priority shipping and I ALWAYS spend the extra 45 cents on a delivery confirmation/tracking.

12. Ah, Ducky, you got suckered.

I hate it when USPS tries to up-sell me into a higher price bracket by warning me that Little Johnny won't get his Christmas presents unless I pay them an extra 30 cents.

I'm convinced it's a total scam. It's all going to get there at the same time no matter what price you pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted