1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate USPS!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 17, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It appears that they have lost the box of presents I mailed to my parents on Dec. 4. It's not there yet. I shipped it parcel, but I've never had it take this long before. Everything else I shipped that day has arrived. Heck! Some of the stuff I shipped a few days later has already arrived.

Three months of scrapbooking and other crafting. . . gone. Irreplaceable in time for Christmas. Even if I called in sick and crafted 12 hours a day, I don't think I could get everything remade.

I wanna kill somebody.

Just needed to vent. Thanks.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

SC: So sorry to hear this... are they at least trying to track it down for you???

3. sportschick

I'm gonna go talk to them tomorrow, but there's not a number so I don't think they can.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

You need a package handled? You come to IPS. We work hard in shorts and look good in them, too.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

F tha posties.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That sucks, SC.

We're sort-of in the same boat. Mrs. t_b_f has to special order a toothpaste that helps prevent ulcers in her mouth. She ordered a new case a couple of weeks ago, and it apparently got lost. She had to call the company, but they agreed to send another box.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Parcel post is the cheapest, no? And you mailed it pretty much cross-country, right? It hasn't been two full weeks yet, so maybe there's still hope. (hey, I'm trying.)

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I sent my SS gift parcel post and it took about a week and a half, so hope is not lost.

Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Check your own post office or call the post office of your parents just to see if it is there.

Sometimes that little slip gets missplaced.

10. sportschick

Sent my SS gift parcel post the same day, believe it arrived more than a week ago. Not cross country, but still.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon 10 years ago and bought way too much to pack in my suitcase.
    So I decided to mail it home, parcel post, the cheapest way, I ask the guy at the Honolulu post office how long it would take to reach my northeastern home.
    "Slow boat to China," he said.
    He wasn't kidding, it took about a month. The box looked like it had been to China and back but my stuff was in 1 piece (because I packed it with a lot of newspapers).
    Lesson: Don't use parcel post.

12. sportschick

So now I feel like a big dork cause the package showed up today. It was still late though!

Draft saved Draft deleted