1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate the NYP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by budcrew08, Dec 6, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And there probably were 20 books written about that trial... hell, I've got 7 books about it and I watched damn near every minute of the trial.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With a legitimate jury, the civil trial result told a different story.

And never forget, being found "not guilty" is not the same as being found "innocent". Love our
    judicial system beyond words, and am happy that the SOB was essentially graced with only a lengthy reprieve.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Wil OJ get the celebrity treatment from fellow inmates? Will we see a third telling of "The Longest Yard?" Will the guards at least take some resentment out on his ass for how stupid and racist his lawyers made law enforcement look? Or will they roll over like fan boys too?

Maybe this will be what OJ needed after all. He's now keeping company with about the only rung of society that still might look up to him. Though I do tend to be impressed with the prionsers' code toward child molesters. Just not sure if they have the same standards for double near-decapitators.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

are you serious? He was acquitted by the dumbest fucking jury in the world

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Seriously, it seems like someone on this board needs to change his username to "OJ's Mom."

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Think Fred Goldman will try to gain control of OJ's prison cigarettes? Some big bucks to be had there.....

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And prosecuted by perhaps the dumbest fucking prosecution in the world ...

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Certainly one of the most inept prosecution teams in history. It's easy to call the jury "dumb," but the prosecution did a terrible job of explaining the evidence. Then they made numerous screw-ups, including having OJ try on blood-soaked gloves that even someone such as I knew would have shrunk since that's what leather does when it gets soaked with a liquid. Add to that a team of the best defense attorneys in the country, and you've got a perfectly understandable acquittal.

9. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I'm proud of America.
    OJ has been an outcast since he committed the double murders. He really wasn't allowed back into society. Oh he still got laid enough and he still got to golf and he still had a good life, but at least America didn't accept him after the double murders. Somebody should interview all his girlfriends since the double murders and write their story of what in the perverted brains made them want to date OJ Fucking Mass Murderer Simpson. Rot OJ, ROT.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hell, it's the ultimate Bad Boy/Rebel thing, isn't it? Either that or a death wish.

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

prosecution definitely made mistakes, but no one in the DA's office expected what OJ's team threw at them - including all the investigation dollars the team threw at exposing the "racist" cop - its in quotations because a lot of front-line cops talk as he did.
    That said, how a jury could - in mere hours, mind you - conclude that the guy who used to beat his wife, who went on a live TV police chase, who was arrested in Chicago - having flown there the night of the murders - with a slice in his hand, and who lived in a house that had a blood trail more obvious than anythign Hansel and Gretel left, did NOT commit the murders, is fucking stupid, no matter what the prosecution did.

Draft saved Draft deleted