1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate the flu

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TimmyP, Dec 12, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My East Coast Bias prevents me from having any idea what this means, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I hate all of you who never get sick. I pick up every bug that comes along, including legit strep throat a couple years ago (don't we leave that behind when we leave middle school?), 3-4 cases of bronchitis per winter, a case of pneumonia every 3-4 years and basically anything that can grow in my respiratory system. Currently I'm hoping a cold/sinus infection doesn't turn into anything else, but I can already feel my right lung rattling a little bit. My immune system fails when the temperature drops.

But because I end up with everything that comes through town (plus I'm high risk with my asthma), I get a flu shot every year. I usually feel like a truck hit me the next day, but I would rather deal with one day of feeling a little shitty than a week or more of feeling worse.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I neve got sick through most of my adulthood, with the notable exceptions of malaria in Nigeria and some horrific virus in the Philippines that the doctor thought was dengue at first (thankfully it wasn't).

Over the past three years at the college, I've gotten more colds and other common illnesses than the rest of my adult life.
    I blame the students. They really are the worst thing about the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted