1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate technology ... Mac help?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

I've been trying for three days to connect to my work e-mail on my Mac, and I can't connect to the server. Every other Web page works just fine, and I've tried both Firefox and Safari. Any ideas?

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Get a PC.

(Sorry, had to do it.)

In all seriousness, it might be a problem with the email server and not your computer.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Yup. Probably behind a VPN.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tell your techs to fix the server.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Seeking help regarding email protocol. Example:

-- A emails B

-- B replies to A using different address

Now, I understand you can change the settings to have a different "from" address in replies.

But wouldn't B's original "to" address in this exchange be memorialized in the first reply?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Awww, I thought @Rosie was back.

Songbird likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Click reply>write your reply > scroll down and delete the header data in the original > scrool up and edit your from address > send.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

RIP Ipod. Yes, I get you can use your phone, or watch - but there was something really convenient of have something "just" for music. Something that isn't too bulky like a phone, that won't ruin your week if you drop it on a run or it falls while on a bike ride. I still have an Ipod hooked up in my car.

Apple is discontinuing its last iPod model - CNN

Mngwa likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I have an iPod classic, that hasn't worked for quite a while. But I cannot throw it away.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The iPod was a total game changer for the suburban commute.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I remember in 2001 carrying an iPod, a cell phone and a Palm Pilot, and thinking, “Man, it would be nice if these were all the same device.” Only took eight years.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Still have my old U2 special edition black and red iPod. Should charge it up and see if it still works.

Draft saved Draft deleted