1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow, volume whatever the hell number it is....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's the thing about New England. Winter sucks. But big snowstorms give one time to prepare, as opposed to tornadoes, say, and also kill far fewer people than heat waves do each year. Now, there's a lot of the country where winter, summer AND spring all feature different frequent forms of bad weather. Why do people live in those places?

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Chef, don't forget to buy toe-warmers.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'll never understand people that complain about weather in their area.

You don't like snow? Move south.

You don't like humidity? Like in the plains or Midwest.

Deal with the weather or move. Can't move because of your job? Get the sand out of your vag and grab the scraper and shovel...(with all due respect, of course).

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What kind of drugs are they taking at The Weather Channel? Now, instead of naming a winter storm after some Norse God, they're just calling it Q. I suppose the storm never jokes about its work.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We got an ice storm once. My car doors froze shut in the parking lot of the newspaper. Nobody else's car froze shut. Just mine. I wasn't prepared for that, and I spent 45 minutes scraping away at a door crack with a key.

Froze my ass off. Just me and a key and a frozen block of car. ... Good times.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ummm ... if it was just the door and not any glass, you could've used some hot water.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's a definite sci-fi theme to the Weather Channel's list. I think "Q" is a nod to the Star Trek character. So maybe this storm will make everyone want to dress up in period costumes and act out Sherlock Holmes stories in their basement.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

None available. Past 1 a.m. at that point, too. Nothing around but parking lot.

Having just moved to snow country, I found out about de-icer the next day.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Been a hell of a strange day here in the Valley of the Sun.

[​IMG]

That is the spring training home of the Diamondbacks in Scottsdale. It snowed this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I have no problem with snow or cold. I can dress for both.

But throw in wind -- forget it. I won't leave the house. I covered a game tonight and the wind went through my shoes and my ski socks. Ugh.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm probably in the minority, but I love the snow. It's February for Pete's sake. What I hate is 75 degrees in February. Give me snow any day.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Snow, yes. Ice, no.

Draft saved Draft deleted