1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow, volume whatever the hell number it is....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It is pretty crazy. Snow in May in Kansas City?!?!

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You know what they say about (your town/state here): if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. Or bitch about it on social media.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The sun is just now going down and Dallas has already tied its record low for the date.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

These are bigger flakes than we get in December:

edit: The original link is dead.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The song for today is brought to us by Dean Martin:

6. Machine Head

I still have things to button up outside.

Are we really going to do this?

7. Machine Head

Three to six coming my way Sunday / Monday, they say.

Fabulous, just fabulous.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I grew up in Alberta with horrible winters and minus-40 temperatures in January, every year for about two weeks. I somewhat embraced it, almost as a point of pride. But I spent the last three winters out on Vancouver Island. the last two of those winters were among the worst in the last hundred years or so in Alberta with deep snow sticking around into May and minus-40 temps into March. I moved back to Alberta for the last few months of it. I am afraid those years on the island -- where freezing cold was considered plus-3C (about 36F). It's supposed snow about six inches here this weekend and temps are supposed to start to drop off into double-digit negatives starting on Monday. Please tell me it is all going to be alright.

Draft saved Draft deleted