1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow, volume whatever the hell number it is....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Massive storm barreling ass through flyover country.

Here in the sticks, forecast for 11-18 inches of this cold, white, wet shit.

It could be 105 all year round, and I wouldn't care. Words cannot describe how much I hate this shit.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Time to stock up the booze. ;D

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Been here all of my life, and I can say I've never seen this before; Every county in Kansas is in a Winter Storm Warning.

Off to the store for some things, check the beer fridge downstairs......good chance there will snowtoxication today and tomorrow.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Again I remind myself that I've never had to shovel humidity.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I hear ya Chef. What sucked was yesterday, they were calling for anywhere from 2-12 inches of snow around here. Really? Isn't that like saying, "Today's high temperature should be between 67 and 90."

It reminds me of that scene in "The Naked Gun" when Ed's talking to Frank about Nordberg. "Doctor's say there's a 50-50 chance of survival. But there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh, now you've done it.

2nd favorite movie to quote of all-time (behind Caddyshack)

"It's 4th and 15, and you're looking at a full-court press."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or scrape it off my windshield.

8. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

This sure stands to screw up some high school basketball for many of you if it extends to Friday.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Grr. Yesterday, I had to scrape snow off the *inside* of my windshield.

So tired of it. So very, very tired of it.

Next week, I am headed to SC for a spell and Lord have mercy, I just cannot wait.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

supposed to have one tomorrow night. juco game already postponed til monday. state wrestling tournament on 2 hour delay starting friday. now sleet starting to fall on top of 2 inches of snow. then rain. then 3-7 inches of snow tonight. 5-8 MORE tomorrow.

mother nature is a skanky whore.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I think your words here have done an excellent job of expressing your dislike for snow. ;)

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Pfft. In Chicago we've barely gotten anything. I took my snowblower in to be fixed, finally, because there some talk of big snow on Thursday, but we might get 1-3 inches, tops.

By the way, an awesome case of Snowbeard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ciW3nxTIJVU&list=UU6PE1Flq7iQvGcCL_LnhW9A#t=11s

Draft saved Draft deleted