1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- Season 2012-13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't mind snow. I hate black ice.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Still not wearing pants here.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We have 3 dogs.

Lillian is an Australian Shepherd that has been through the winters before.
    Dexter is a 4-month old runt that has never been through the winter season, nor has Roscoe, our 6-month old German Shepherd.

As the wind was howling out of the north at about 40 with a temperature of 30, we let the Aussie outside yesterday morning, and she was fine....The other two dogs, as I opened the back door, and they got a face full of cold air and wind, simultaneously looked at me, as if to say "You're fucking kidding me, right?"

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can deal with places where it gets cold in November and doesn't really warm up until spring, like Minneapolis. It's great when it's 80 degrees in Denver in February, but when it dumps 16 inches one day, it's 80 the next day and when it gets cold again and the streets are a solid sheet of ice, to me, that's the worst...

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Where I grew up you basically froze your ass from November to March and had snowstorms thrown in there to complicate things as well.

I absolutely hate the cold but love the snow, mainly because it means snowboarding season and covers the grey, dead grass.

That being said my dream is to figure out a way to emigrate to central Florida and live near the beach.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Word of 4-6" at Hoosier Pass this AM. Nothing on the ground up here at 9,600', but mountains are looking pretty white this morning!

7. turski7

turski7 Member

I love snow and winter isn't all that bad for me. I just wished it actually snowed where I live instead of being in the 20s with constant wind. I hate wind with a passion, and hate the spine-chilling wind that rips through my core.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nice. And the clouds cleared a bit and the mountains do look nice.

It's pretty much all gone now, but it was a nice look this morning.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Promised the wife she'd see snow last winter after we moved out of Florida.

Had to cheat and take her to the mountains to make it so.

Hoping for just one morning where we can pull back the bedroom curtains and see a blanket of white stuff on the lawn.

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I used to shovel my freaking yard in Connecticut for my whippets so they wouldn't just pee on the deck all winter.

When I lived in Maryland my driveway had a slight incline. I had one dog then. I'd let him out on the driveway and see whether he could still stand up when he lifted a leg to pee. If he fell over, it was too icy to go down for my newspaper.

I am very happy to be living someplace without snow and ice.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

don't we all

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines ...

Draft saved Draft deleted