1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- Season 2012-13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 5, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bringing back one of Moddy's favorite topics because, well, it's back.

After a brutally hot, extra-dry summer, waking up this morning at 5,280 feet to lots of flakes sticking to grassy areas and still nearly-full trees.

That's two weeks ahead of the average first snow, but not close to the earliest first flakes, but it's certainly early.

Two days ago, it was shorts weather (80s).

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

85 Last Sunday here.

20% chance of rain/snow mix tomorrow here.

Keep that white shit out west.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I live in the city. I hate buildings.
    I live in the Rockies. I hate mountains.

You are now free to move about the country.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I like the snow. The subject line is a nod to Moddy -- who hates it.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hate snow

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ah. Pardon my dust.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Forecast for our region is for a snowier than usual winter. Just so ya know ...

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I love both mountains and cities, but I hate snow with the burning heat of a thousand suns. I'm willing to give up a lot of things to live in a place where I have an ironclad guarantee that I'll never again hold a snow shovel in leather-gloved hands for as long as I live.

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Living in a warm climate, the cold snap is always a treat. Similarly, when I worked in cold climates, I always enjoyed the rare, extreme summer heat wave. Embrace the vicissitudes of nature; records are set every day and I believe if you follow the weather closely or even just check up now and then on the "record event report" of your local NWS office, the unpleasant extremes will become much more pleasant for you. Id est, no longer will it be "I can't XXXXX believe it's minus-17 degrees," it will be "Wow, if it gets down to minus-20 tonight, that's a new record."

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

14 inches in northern Minnesota and North Dakota -- enough to put out a wildfire.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/event/article/id/48567/

11. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

I'm more of a 3rd Bass fan myself.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I have a family full of teachers. I have friends who are teachers. I also have friends who simply like winter. I hate that shit. While they're happily tucked away at home, I HAVE to be working.

Draft saved Draft deleted