1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Snow, Part Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

More good news...

"Initial estimates for snowfall are between 6 and 12 inches, Kierein said. The storm is still a few days away, so that could change.

That snow should last quite a while, Kierein said, as the storm will be followed by the coldest air of the season. The cold wave could last for nearly a week following the storm, so the snow won't melt anytime soon."

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Even better... the Post's weather blog is hinting at the possibility of ANOTHER storm early to mid next week.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's it. I'm moving. :)

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Temp is a balmy 30 here now; Will start raining this afternoon, then turn to freezing drizzle, sleet, snow showers then snow.

This shit is supposed to be around here til Friday.

Fucking shit.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ooops, got another inch or two overnight. Mostly gone already.

Started a little before I left work last night. I saw some idiot in an SUV about 1/2 block ahead of me spin out doing 25 on a local road.. Was going South with absolutely nobody else on the road at 1 a.m. Dope did a nice 540, ended up facing North in North-bound lane as I casually drove past him.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, it was flurrying when I got out of work last night. We got probably a 1/2 inch, all fluffy so it wiped right off my car, and when I woke up this afternoon, the roofs around me are already clean from melting away.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

We got about a dusting (just enough to cover the grass and sidewalk), but now it's pretty much gone.

The one bad thing about snow (aside from the obvious) is the two days after a big storm, when you get the salt spray from cars kicking on your windshield. I swear I go through a ton of washer fluid.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every time it gets above freezing, I get my car washed for that same problem, Hank. Four times so far this winter. It's worth it.
    Here in Boston, the TV weatherfolk are starting to get really resentful of the storms slamming the mid-Atlantic region. They issue dire hints that THIS time, the storm will swing up the coast and blast us, too. So, of course, "we're keeping an eye on this one, and tune in at 11 for updates."
    A check of noaa.gov reveals no official forecast of snow.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Same here, gee. Noon news was promoing that they were "tracking a big storm that could be heading our way."
    Nearest I can see is another dusting on Saturday. No big storm anywhere near us.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That dusting you'll get Saturday is now going to pummel us after all Minimum of 6 inches seems likely, but closer to a foot a more is just as likely. I'm sick of this shit.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Keep it up north. Please.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now I see one report that still says light snow Saturday and another that says 6-12".
    I guess they really have no idea what this storm system is going to do, as usual.

Draft saved Draft deleted