1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Snow, Part Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Both coasts seem to be getting it this weekend. Portland is all but closed, it seems, and while it's not snow in some regions, storms backed up to Hawaii are expected to roar through Northern California through Wednesday.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm very glad to see SoCal get that huge surge over the past few days. Won't end the drought, but every bit helps #Calexit

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of people had the same idea tonight. I ordered a pizza and was told it'll take two hours for delivery.
    I think I can order something from China on Amazon and it'd be here faster than that.

HanSenSE, Huggy and QYFW like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hate ice

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Went outside to run the car's defroster in the morning and early evening. Didn't once step foot out of the house otherwise in between.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Same here. Got home about 2 p.m. Thursday and haven't been past the mailbox since -- and probably won't until Monday morning. My wife said it's like we're afraid zombies will eat us if we go outside.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Adorable. My old fella loves to roll in the powder, then I have to towel him off. He's definitely a snow dog.

I'm not a native Idahoan, so this is the most snow I've seen in my life. But, this is also breaking a 30-year record for total accumulation for winter. And it's not even mid-January. I'm not sure how we're getting a paper out. The carriers must be insane.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Walked about 25 minutes to a friend's house yesterday. Bunch of us went sledding like overgrown kids. Drank beers after. Great day. For Virginia, at least, they did a great job of getting the main roads cleared quickly.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

25 inches or so in Istanbul. Surprisingly, it seems better organized than, say, Detroit. Might be because it's a weekend.

Had no trouble catching a cab and have spent Sunday with colleagues at a pool party.

We've just learned tomorrow is going to be a snow day! Never had one before. The consulate is on a steep hill and essentially it's unsafe to have people (employees and customers) make the trek in.

Got a text from boss instructing me to go build snowmen. Woo hoo!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just finished clearing driveway, walk, cars, mailbox, etc. from yesterday's snow. About five-six inches here, and it was ski resort's delight powder. That's because it's 11 degrees right now. KJIM, Istanbul Snow Day would be a great title for a jazz instrumental!

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've got a dead battery and nearly flat tire. Going to be fun working in this wind chill.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted