1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Snow, Part Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hate snow.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And in mid-May, it has started to snow here. Only about 3-4 inches expected, but there could be up to 2 feet up above Fort Collins and Boulder. Alas, it'll be gone by Friday. We hope.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My family vacationed in the Rockies back in '95 and we still have a picture of my kids standing next to a 15-foot snow drift at the Continental Divide ... on June 1. Later on, my buddy who lives in Fort Collins sent me a copy of the front page of the Denver Post (sorry, MH) of snow flurries and a dude on skis in the high country on July 4.

4. MileHigh

Just a couple of inches here in the city. May snow is not unusual down here -- it snowed on May 24 in 2002 and May 21 in 2001 -- and snow in the mountains as late as mid-June definitely not out of the question. Latest snow in Denver in a season was June 12, 1947.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nats are coming into town tonight - clear it out by then so they can get their four losses in without interruption.

6. MileHigh

Won't be a problem getting in. This is Rookie League stuff in the city. Be interesting to see if they get in the split doubleheader at Coors today, though.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The first Indy 500 (and CART's competing US 500) after the IRL-CART split was run on a day-before-Memorial-Day that started with snow flurries.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

No idea which snow thread to bump, and I don't care.

Rosie, here we go.

Picked up the remaining leaves.

90 some bags this year. More to come down because the Willows drop so late. Those will be there next spring to mulch.

I hate Willows.

They belong in a swamp, not residential areas.

Anyway, I love War. This was on the stereo I keep in the garage so I can listen to music while I work., blast it so I can hear it in the yard. Beats the fuck out of whistling:

Tell me people,
    How do you feel
    When the president and secretaries ain't real?
    Tell me people
    What would you do,
    If the running of the world was all left up to you?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hate snow.
    I hate Snow.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You know, Informer has aged pretty well.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, people are getting snow worth posting about? Where?

Draft saved Draft deleted