1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Snow, Part Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

That's a Devilish idea my friend!

But the sun is beaming and the snow is melting, so I may have to save that wisdom for next season.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But it gives you extra time with The Queen!!!

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, yeah. Add that to the list.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Global Warming - ya gotta love it.

5. Moderator1

Turns out she won two of her three events. Pretty strong considering she only recently dusted off her strokes.
    Makes me even more pissed I missed it.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that, but last time I did it, some others were worried I'd kill myself. Dunno if it was because I was wearing only a fleece and sneakers in addition to everyday stuff or if it was because I was sweating pretty profusely and it was freezing on my mop before it could evaporate.

I'm fine as long as a certain someone doesn't try to lecture me that "I'm doing it all wrong."

7. Moderator1

A plow got stuck on my street this a.m. at 2:30 - a plow! My dogs went nuts. There's now a big pile of salt or sand or something in the road but nothing is actually plowed.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This has been a strange winter, with me in Chicago reading Southerners' details of how much snow they've got, while barely any is on the ground here. I'd like to get some more, considering we rushed out to buy new boots and sleds for the kids the one day we had anything resembling a winter storm.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you'd have left well enough alone, you've have had a ton of snow. But y-o-u had to go buy new sleds and boots and you've backdoored your way into a weak winter.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The other day, some plow truck lost control going down a hill and totaled a co-worker's vehicle.

Probably wouldn't have happened if the city fucking salted the roads.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Roads in my neck of the woods were pretty good today. Interstates were back to normal, as well as any other major road. Even the GW Parkway (south of DC) was good this morning. Little to no ice, at least from what I could tell.

More snow tomorrow and again this weekend. Yipee!

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

What is this snow of which you speak? Not seeing anything around here. Past 2 days have been brilliant blue skies, abundant sunshine, temps in mid-30s and maybe going into the low 40s tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted