1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Snow, Part Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Have I mentioned before how much I hate snow? I mean, HATE it. With a passion.
    We have about 10 inches here and it's still falling hard. I let the dogs out about an hour ago and you can't even tell they were out there now.

Of course, it kills plans I'd been looking forward to for ages. My daughter, a pretty good swimmer in her youth, has joined a masters swim team. First meet is tomorrow so The Queen and I were going to load up about 6 a.m. and head 100 miles north to see her swim. Our son was coming, too. Family time! Maybe a hockey game afterward.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I really hate this shit. Hard.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This shit sucks. And everyone around here has been caught off guard, from the public works people who haven't plowed much, to the drivers who can't fucking drive. Watching people spin out in front of you on the beltway because they're nitwits is priceless, as long as their dumb asses give you enough space to get by them.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mo thinks you should move to F L A.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How much is in the D.C. area? I'm nuts for even thinking of trying.

Find me a job and I'll be in FLA on Monday.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just found another task at which I'm remarkably terrible: shoveling snow.

Fuck this shit.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that thing doesn't get that thin little sheet of ice/snow off the driveway.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday they were saying an inch at the most, probably less than that.

This morning it was 1-2 inches, but not bad.

Right now we're around 4-6 inches, with one friend posting on facebook he's got 8 over his way. The shit is manageable if you plan for it. But all we heard was down toward Moddy's way and south it'll be at its worst. So the idea of treating roads and having plows ready seemed like something to suggest the next time they called for snow, or so the public works people must have assumed.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Nooooo, sooorry. The correct answer is "What is 'Here's to all that gorgeous snatch in F-L-A...'"

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Inch of snow on top of a half-inch inch of ice here in south-central NC.

Having just moved from the Midwest, I'd trade a foot of snow for any ice whatsoever.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We got about 6-8 inches here just south of DC. Roads were terrible, but that didn't stop us from driving 30 minutes, well, 45 minutes today, to see a college basketball game. Surprised that about 7K still showed up. Took us about an hour to get home. As long as you drive slow, you should be fine.

Buncha sissies. :)

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even if you live here, where EVERYBODY has a snowblower, there's no defense for ice. My sympathies to those who have it. Nasty stuff.
    Southern snow causes chaos, no doubt about it. But at least down there, in a few days or a week you'll have warm days or temperate days and it'll melt. Up here, snow that falls in December melts in March if you're lucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted