1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- 2011-2012 season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Half a foot in the city and still lightly snowing. Not too many reports of lost power and downed trees tons more accidents because the roads are icy and snow-packed. Last week, the snow melted quickly off the streets because it was 80 the day before.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if there is a harder big city to drive in than Denver in the winter. You get snow. The next day it's 80. The snow melts. At night it's cold again, there's a solid sheet of ice on the road...

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Depends. Certainly in the fall the fluctuations are like that. Winter, snow sticks around longer, especially on north-facing lawns and slopes, but we're not socked in until April as is the perceived notion. And the weather is very hard to predict here. Few years ago there was a prediction of a foot of snow and it ended up being a dusting. Lots of griping at the forecasters but the changes come fast and aren't easily forecast.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Had tons of Willow leaves in my yard.

The neighbor likes his Willows and keeps planting them.

Willows drop late.

Warm here today, so I fired up the lawnmower and mulched and bagged it all.

Doesn't seem right.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stop at the Pub, get two burgers to go and finish my yard....

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I wish I could go to the Pub and get us a couple of burgers, but I'm stuck in the land of the ice and snow where the Vikings suck and the Twins blow.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Temperature touched 58 degrees here yesterday.

Blizzard warning issued. Up to 15 inches of snow possible.

Welcome to Hell.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Southeastern Wisconsin got it's first dusting on Friday night... I think we've now had one inch for the year. I just hope the first three months of 2012 are just as calm! :)

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So after the snowstorm of October 29 with its massive power outages and tree destruction (costly to us suburban homeowners), the weather in Boston has been as nice as it can get in November and December. So the local news talking head clowns are all whining to the weather clowns about how they want a white Christmas. I have a December 26 flight out of this burg. When I see these broadcasts, I want to go down to the studio and start throwing punches.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I see up to 18 inches in Dodge City.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Let the bastards have it all. :)

It is going to be a chaotic next 24 hours around here.

Some of the stupid shits in this town can't drive when it's 60 and sunny.....let alone with a foot or more of fucking snow on the ground.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Overnight frost has been a problem for the past couple of weeks.
    Not good for my citrus trees.
    The lime tree had fruit on it, so I've been frantically drinking tequila for the past two weeks in an effort to make use of the limes.
    One lime left.

Draft saved Draft deleted