1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- 2011-2012 season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I actually don't hate it like Moddy does, mostly because it doesn't stay on the ground for long here, even in the dead of winter, but the first big storm of the year is rolling in here at 5,280 feet.

It was 80 yesterday, and we could have up to a foot in the city and up to 20 inches in the foothills by tomorrow afternoon. Assuming the forecasts are right (always tricky out here).

And with most of the trees probably still at least three-fourths leafed, we could have lots of tree damage and branches falling on power lines and cars.

Add in the fact Obama is coming in this afternoon -- right at rush hour, natch -- and is here until tomorrow afternoon, blocking off streets and choking off downtown, well, we've got a Snobama ready to hit.

Oh, and we'll probably be back to shorts weather by Friday. Yes, this is typical for out here in October.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This is why the Broncos should always host a Sunday or Monday night game in late October -- so the rest of the country can gape at a snow game before Halloween.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's Tesnow mania!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

1984, the Monday Night Blizzard game against the Packers, remains epic.

He's going to shovel all the streets and sidewalks on the Front Range while simultaneously getting ready for the Lions.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

He's going to melt the snow with his fiery passion, then walk on the puddles of melted snow.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tebow doesn't make it rain; he makes it snow.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Teh Tebow knows what makes Chuck Norris cry.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

When it's 32 degrees outside Tebow puts on suntan lotion.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hate snow, if I haven't made that clear. Living where I do now, I'm really worried about what will happen in a bad storm.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Keep that cold fucking shit in Denver.

I would just assume move my ass to Arizona beginning October 1, and never seeing the Sunflower State again til Mid-March.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

They're forecasting that white stuff to hit the east (northern NY state,parts of New England) for Thursday night into Friday morning...
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/first-season-snow-northeast_2011-10-25

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

We have about seven inches here in Summit, MileHigh. Still snowing and it might stop tomorrow or tonight is the rumor. Bring it on and end mud season. !

Draft saved Draft deleted