1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate shopping for blue jeans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. I read a good piece a couple years ago about how Levi's files more copyright infringement suits than any other American company.

I think the same story talked about how horribly the company mismanaged the designer jeans boom of the 2000's. It had the most recognizable, respected brand in the world, and just completely missed the boat on people's willingness to spend more on jeans. They've tried to edge their way into it now, but it's too little, too late for the most part.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Inky, if you want straight dungarees, I suggest going to Wally World (Walmart) or to your nearest Army-NAVY STORE.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is that what you told Peter King?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have never discussed shopping with Peter King. Have you?

5. ripple

ripple Member

This thread is fascinating to me.

As for Luckys, I love them. All I would wear in high school, when Mom would take me shopping. She'd always say things like "Don't you tell your Dad I'm spending this much on your jeans!"

Now, as has been mentioned, you can find them for reasonable prices. Stein Mart will have them for ~ $40, which I don't mind paying.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No massive difference in Lucky's over Levi's that I've found - just comparable in price when you find them on sale. They're as comfortable and seem to be as durable. Like Levi's, they've come up with all different kinds of cuts and colors and such. I just like the regular straight legs in both.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife got me a couple pairs of Old Navy jeans for Christmas. I'm not a fan. I've worn them once each. They just feel thin, almost like pajama pants, and the waist is too loose. My ass crack shows when I bend over. Even with a belt they feel loose.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Old Navy recently switched to a thinner denim. I've got a couple of old pairs that as good as Levi's. But the new ones are tissue thin when compared to the old ones.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I bookmarked this site. The next time I need some jeans, I'll give 'em a shot.

As for sending $125 for a pair of pants :eek:
    I guess I just don't get out much. I might max out at $30-35.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted