1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate shopping for blue jeans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But Wenders, you can find inexpensive shoes that look good. Cheap men's shoes look bad.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://www.pajamajeans.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Surprised there's not more love for Arizona Jean Company. An old girlfriend got me a couple pairs when I was like 18 and I loved them. They're a little pricier, so after me and said girlfriend broke up, I would usually get them from my Mom for Christmas. This year, I specifically asked my sister to get me a pair (she did).

I haven't worn them a lot lately, b/c I porked the fuck out from about 2005-2007 and would end up buying cheap Target jeans on the road when I was in desperate need of pants. Do that for a few years and suddenly you have a whole new wardrobe. I'll be back to Arizona Jean Co. when I'm back down to a 34 waist.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Might have to do some poking around Lexington for some Luckys. I'm sure they have to have an outlet or something around here somewhere.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Old Navy's almost always a good option. Cheap, pretty good quality, nothing too fancy on them and they're durable.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I go the Wal-Mart route. For $15, I have a 50-50 shot of getting a pair of jeans that is the actual size shown on the label, or getting a pair whose button won't pop off.

8. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Maybe I'm off here, but this has worked for me since Bugle Boy stopped making the most comfortable jeans ever, and selling them for $15 a pair at their outlet stores (yes, those were Bugle Boy jeans I was wearing):

Kohl's sells a brand called Urban Pipeline. They're around $20-$25 a pair, but they consistenly go on sale for $12-$13. They have a variety of fits -- I like the relaxed. Good brand, very good price when on sale, and they fit good, IMO.

9. If you go to Nordstrom or Saks or one of those higher end stores that's the lower end price, even for men's jeans.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I seem to recall good prices on Levis at a Kohls, don't know if it was a special or I got lucky (not Lucky) or if it was the regular price.

11. Some Macy's stores sell Lucky brand jeans, I believe. Also Costco, believe it or not.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've always been a Levi guy. In today's world throw on a cashmere v sweater and jacket and you can go anywhere in your Levis. For a change up I go with Levi carpenters.

Moddy - what is big difference between Lucky and Levi besides price?

Best price for Levis in Northeast - Bobs. Catch a sale and you hit $25.

Anyone looking for dress pants go to Banks but only buy on sale. Every couple of months they run 2 for 1 sale on their top end wool dress slacks. You can grab 2 pairs with tailoring for around $125.

Draft saved Draft deleted