1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate shopping for blue jeans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My casual, yet nice enough to wear to dinner or even the office, jeans are about to become my "so faded the wife will ask 'Are you wearing those?' when we're going someplace so I can only wear them working in the yard" jeans.

For years, I've worn Gap jeans bought on sale or at the outlet. But the last time I hit that store, the jeans I used to get for $25 are $55. I don't want to pay that much. And even then, they're all colored with washes and fades and whisker-looking stripes on the thigh.

I just want blue jeans. Good ole' American blue jeans. Not "club jeans" (I had no idea such a thing existed) or work jeans like Carhartt.

So I guess I'm looking at Levi's, or maybe Wranglers (the ones you play mud football in with Brett Favre, not the cowboy ones).

What brands are out there for less than $50 that look decent?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Levi's 550s have been working with me for years. In style, out of style, whatever ... they're not too tight, but also not falling off my fat butt.

I can usually find them for about $30, and if washed in cold water they'll last. (The bonus IMO is that they're available in black, too.)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Levi's 550s or 560s (a little baggier but not too baggy) are your best bet. Basic jeans, classic look, will last a couple years.
    If you're not above going there, Wal-Mart is actually a good place to find them. It's a slightly different style than what's in a regular mall-type department store, but the Wal-Mart Levi's seem to be a bit looser and more comfortable. As a bonus, I think they're only $25 or $30 a pair. They have Wranglers that are even cheaper ($15-$20 a pair) and look OK, too.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wranglers (I wear the relaxed fit, they're very comfortable). Easily found at a Wal-mart or most other place for right abound $20.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should be able to get good jeans at Target or Sears for ~ $20.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Loves Blue Jean:

Another vote for Wranglers and Target here.

Steve and Barry's was good, until the assholes managed to fuck the golden goose. Still boggles my mind how they messed that up. I still have a couple pairs I'm trying to nurse a little longer.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I checked at Target the other day when getting groceries. Their jeans selection was horrible. Lots of Converse One Star and Mossimo, but the Levis were picked over and scarce.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

any outlets by you? even hilfiger and polo jeans you can find for $35-40 at outlets. also costco has decent jeans sometimes. also arizona jeans at wal mart are decent.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

After the Saints beat the Vikings my buddy (big Jets fan ) sent an email saying -- ha ha fuck Favre. now get ready for another offseason of his bs. they should make him play in no pads next year, just a jersey and those nut hugger wranglers from his f'n commercials.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Arizona jeans are JCP ... and they fit well...

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I bought some jeans at Sam's. Plugg, maybe, I'm not sure.
    I like them. They fit good and they had them for under ten bucks.
    Most of the pants at Sam's can be had for under twenty bucks.
    I bought a pair of cargo pants there for twelve bucks just a couple of days ago.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just bought a pair of Calvin Klein jeans and a pair of Nautica jeans at Sam's Club -- $19.95 for each.

Before that I'd been buying pretty decent jeans for reasonable prices at Eddie Bauer outlet stores.

Draft saved Draft deleted