1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate PBS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Shit! Forgot about Charlie Rose, too.
    In fact, going through this thread, I'm realizing that I get more out of PBS than my annual $100 donation. Comment on Kentucky state politics show, Great Performances, state-level election coverage for Kentucky and Ohio, History Detectives, and - God help me - the unintended comical relief of that Hawaiian chick with the narcolepsy-inducing voice that does yoga in the mornings. And that show with Mario Battali, Gwyneth Paltrow, the NYT writer and super-hot Spanish actress hitting the road in Spain in search of great food. (Claudia Basol, I think her name is... God, I'd turn to crime for that woman.)
    And every week, I'm convinced this is my lucky week and Norm's going to lose a digit on New Yankee Workshop.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've seen more on the Mamas & the Papas on PBS than anywhere else. It seems like there's a doc every time I put on the channel.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

According to the papers, the GM of my local PBS station makes about $300,000 per year. So I'm thinking maybe one of those weeks when they cut his check for $5,769.23, maybe they could withhold $40 and that would make up for the donation I'm not sending.

They're welcome to keep the monthly program guide I would have received as a member.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They're worth the money I give them for America's Test Kitchen alone.

The Springsteen and Cash concerts are just a side of sausage gravy.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Give me Soundstage if I ever have enough disposable income and you'll get my donation.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I know someone who agrees with you, I think he pledged $10,000 to get them to shut up.

[​IMG]

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I saw Fleetwood Mac's "The Dance" when it aired during a pledge drive and got turned on to them as a middle schooler. Sesame Street was untouchable when I was growing up. It's worth it if you're going to watch the programming.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I donate simply because of This Old House and Ask This Old House.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Help me, Jebus.

10. Mine has been running The Who's Isle Of Wight show from 1969, including a fairly full run-through of Tommy.
    Height of their powers. Best. Band. Ever.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

WE'RE OOOL FUH-GIVEN!!!

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like Sesame Street for my kids as long as they limit it to the characters and avoid using real people.

Clifford is the best show on PBS... RIP John Ritter.

Draft saved Draft deleted