1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i hate opryland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Aside from how huge the complex is, the two things I remember about that place were:

The 45 minutes it took to get the mile from the interstate to the front door because of all the idiots there to look at the gaudy Christmas lights, as well as the fact that when I walked into my room initially I couldn't find the bed because it was in fact one of those that folds up into the wall.

Just a weird vibe.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Chaos was an extremely lame roller coaster, too. I think the lift hill was five feet high. The light show was cool, but that was about it.

They did have a metal coaster with one big hill, a couple of small ones and a loop ... the standard-fare small one-loop metal coaster. The only other thing I can remember about our family trip there was some really, really good bluegrass gospel band playing at one of the free stages in the park (and a bunch of old people there clapping along), and Louise Mandrell was the "featured performer" that night.

You can still see some evidence of the theme park in the parking lot for the Opry Mills Mall and the nearby Grand Old Opry house.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I spent what felt like a year last December at Opryland for a one-hour coaches' luncheon for the Music City Bowl.
    That place is a gigantic monstrosity. There are probably senior citizens who get lost for weeks in that place.

4. Sounds like it's gone downhill since I was there last (probably 10 years).

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

give me Nashville over Memphis, every damn day....

6. Anybody here willing to take Memphis over Nashville? (I realize most Tennesseans don't consider Memphis to really be part of Tennessee, but still ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted