1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i hate opryland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Dec 6, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ugh. this place is the worst.

can't wait to get home. rule 5 and go

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, Hoops, Instead of bitching about the place you should of been supplying us with all the inside info the past few days.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Is Opryland even in Nashville, it's a good 20 minute ride from downtown into the hills, would never know a quasi-major city is near there.

And when the fuck is the Santana deal going to get done?

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I stayed there once. It's so big we actually needed a map to get from one end to the other.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Maybe in July

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Isn't the Opryland amusement park long gone?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Other parts of Nashville kick serious ass.

Opryland ... not so much.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always wondered if there were a lot of groupies at the baseball meetings. Any good dirt to spill?

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Has anyone pissed in Jim Leyland's corn flakes yet by reminding him that Junk Jones is his starting left fielder?

10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Day is night. Night is day. Dark skies through skylight in walkways. Blue sky and clouds painted on ceiling in press room. Must get sleep. Must get home. Must get news ... wait, there isn't any.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The amusement park is gone, turned into a fairly large mall and parking lot. The hotel, which is huge, is about 5-10 minutes away.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with you. It's seems scary and evil -- and I'm kind of fond of the Grand Ol' Opry and thought the amusement park was great for little kids.

But there is something Stepfordish and a little off about that place. It has a bad aura.

Draft saved Draft deleted